10,000 Trees for Louisiana in Lake MaurepasDate: March 23, 2017
Time: 9:00 am
Location: Manchac, LA
The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL), Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority (CPRA), Restore the Earth Foundation (REF), and the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation (LPBF) invite you to register for our Coastal Forest Restoration event on March 23rd, near Manchac, LA. We are looking for 15 enthusiastic volunteers to help us prepare for our fun-filled weekend of planting. With your help, we will be collecting data on our newest saplings that will be planted in the coming days. We will also be transporting 1,000 trees from the boat launch to the planting site.
Not only do your efforts help CRCL in a tremendous way, you are helping accelerate delta land growth in the Lake Maurepas region.
We require that all volunteers please register to let us know if you plan to attend. If any additional members of your family/friends are attending, then they must also register. You can register to volunteer here.
- Directions and additional details will be provided to registered volunteers via e-mail a few days prior to the event.
- Registration is open from 9:00 to 9:30 am. Due to the logistics of this event – registration will close at 9:30 am.
- Please note the minimum age for volunteers is 16 and all minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Physical fitness is required.
- All equipment (life vests, gloves, dibbles, etc.) and lunch and drinks (with vegetarian options) will be provided to all volunteers.
- Be prepared to get DIRTY. CRCL will be providing knee boots upon request.