10,000 Trees for Louisiana in Lake MaurepasDate: November 2, 2017
Time: 9:00 am
Location: Manchac, LA
The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL), Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority (CPRA), Restore the Earth Foundation (REF), and the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation (LPBF) invite you to register for our Coastal Forest Restoration event on November 2nd, near Manchac, LA. We are looking for 15 enthusiastic volunteers to help us prepare to plant 800 native trees on the Lake Maurepas landbridge. By planting in this area of new land, you will help increase soil retention and promote more land growth! Your efforts will also help increase storm surge protection and improve forest resiliency for future storm events.
Not only do your efforts help CRCL in a tremendous way, you are helping accelerate delta land growth in the Lake Maurepas region.
We require that all volunteers please register to let us know if you plan to attend. If any additional members of your family/friends are attending, then they must also register. You can register to volunteer here.
- Directions and additional details will be provided to registered volunteers via e-mail a few days prior to the event.
- Registration is open from 9:00 to 9:30 am. Due to the logistics of this event – registration will close at 9:30 am.
- Please note the minimum age for volunteers is 16 and all minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Physical fitness is required.
- All equipment (life vests, gloves, dibbles, etc.) and lunch and drinks (with vegetarian options) will be provided to all volunteers.
- Be prepared to get DIRTY. CRCL will be providing knee boots upon request.