Job Opening: Digital Marketing & Communications Associate
The Restore the Mississippi River Delta Coalition is hiring a full-time Digital Marketing and Communications Associate based in its New Orleans, LA office.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Associate will leverage online engagement strategies to raise awareness and build support for restoration of the Mississippi River Delta on behalf of National Audubon Society, Environmental Defense Fund, and National Wildlife Federation, as well as in collaboration with regional partners Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana and Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation. S/He will develop and implement strategies for growing the Coalition’s online audience across a variety of digital properties, as well as track performance and iterate accordingly. The Digital Marketing and Communications Associate will be a part of the communications team and will be charged with translating its goals online by designing and distributing web-based content across the Coalition website, social media, email list and other digital platforms. S/He will help broadcast in-person events, meetings, and hearings to a digital audience through a variety of engaging tactics, as well as develop content, such as videos, infographics and more that educate and inform. The Digital Marketing and Communications Associate will help design and implement online paid media strategies across a variety of platforms. Candidate must possess a strong fluency in social media, email marketing and digital content management. Skills in CSS/HTML, experience with WordPress, graphic design and video editing highly desired.
- Manage content on campaign website, blog and social media properties; working with campaign staff to design, create, edit, and regularly update multimedia pages on the site; analyze website statistics.
- Develop strategies for reaching new audiences on Coalition social media properties, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, as well as identify potential emerging platforms and innovative techniques for reaching target audiences.
- Coordinate with communications team on implementation of communications messaging and strategies across coalition online platforms:
- Make suggestions for tailoring messaging and packaging content specifically for online audiences on different online platforms.
- When appropriate, coordinate with partner organizations’ online teams to execute social media campaigns and leverage larger organizational platforms when possible.
- Spearhead implementation of site redesign, working closely with senior communications staff and contractors to manage workflow and deliverables.
- Ensure optimal user experience across coalition website and social media platforms, maintaining seamless consistency with coalition strategy, branding and messaging.
- Establish quantifiable goals for Coalition online work, including numbers of constituent and fan bases on social media (including influencers and activist subgroups), website visits and engagement activities, such as online actions taken.
- Draft and implement social media content, including text, photos and other graphics for sharing.
- Identify emerging platforms and digital processes worth pursuing as part of larger online engagement strategy.
- Attend relevant on-the-ground events, hearings and meetings as needed to document and engage an online audience through live-tweeting, photo-sharing, videos, blog posts and other means.
- Manage Coalition blog, Delta Dispatches, editorial calendar, including developing and updating content.
- Maintain systems to track and evaluate performance analytics for website and social media platforms to improve content and engagement against key metrics and benchmarks.
- Manage coalition email list: This includes recommending opportunities to engage email subscribers through action alerts, developing monthly e-newsletters, growing subscriber list and more.
- In direct coordination with Communications committee and contractors, maintain online advertising efforts, placing ads and reporting on performance to ensure success of digital advertising as part of larger paid media strategy.
- Employ optimal Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) practices to help drive traffic and inform decisions on content.
- Support senior communications staff as needed in achieving strategic team and coalition goals online.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; strongly preferred in marketing, communications or other related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience managing web content, social media strategy and online communications for a large organization, with proven track record of growth in user base and engagement.
- Experience developing engaging and innovative online communications materials for a wide range of audiences across a variety of platforms.
- Demonstrated success leveraging a wide variety of social media platforms and innovative tactics to engage and reach supporters.
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM, as well as experience managing and implementing paid media campaigns online.
- Prior experience in site redesigns with an eye for what makes a compelling and engaging site layout and online presentation.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Ability to communicate complex and technical information clearly to many audiences. Must write quickly and well under pressure.
- Proactive, self-starter able to get things accomplished with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong proficiency in a wide range of digital platforms and programs, including Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro, WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Engaging Networks or similar email management system.
- Photography, sound and video recording and editing capabilities; experience in the nonprofit sector on issues related to conservation; knowledge of Louisiana and its people/geography/history/environment.
- Must be willing to travel, as well as commit to some evening and weekend work as needed.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, resume, and references and complete the application here.
The Restore the Mississippi River Delta Coalition is working to protect people, wildlife and jobs by reconnecting the river with its wetlands. As our region faces the crisis of threatening land loss, we offer science-based solutions through a comprehensive approach to restoration. Composed of conservation, policy, science and outreach experts from Environmental Defense Fund, National Audubon Society, National Wildlife Federation, Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana and Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation, we are located in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Washington, D.C.; and around the United States.