Job Opening: Senior Policy Specialist, Mississippi River Delta Restoration Campaign, National Wildlife Federation
The Senior Policy Specialist will be responsible for National Wildlife Federation’s national portion of the Mississippi River Delta Restoration Campaign (MRDRC) to secure authorization and federal funding for restoring the Mississippi River Delta, in concert with team members in Louisiana and nationwide, with NWF’s Gulf Coast Restoration team, and with our MRDRC partner organizations. This position will be responsible for working within NWF and with our partners on this campaign to advance efforts to restore the delta. Specifically, the Senior Policy Specialist will focus on national campaign planning, political strategy, policy analysis, lobbying, and some national media outreach.
- Advocate for NWF’s and MRDR campaign’s priorities to Congress and the Administration. This includes Authorizations through Water Resource Development Act (WRDA) and appropriations. This includes policy analysis, materials production, and participation in relevant meetings.
- Advocate for NWF’s and MRDR campaign’s priorities with Congress and the Administration on Restore Act, NRDA, WRDA and other Federal program implementation. This includes ensuring MRD projects are a priority in any Comprehensive Gulf Restoration Plan. This includes materials production, participation in relevant meetings and policy analysis.
- Coordinate with Gulf Restoration Team on gulf-wide restorations.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental or public policy, natural resources or other related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 7 years progressively responsible experience required in helping develop and implement advocacy campaigns, grassroots organizing, media, and environmental advocacy.
- Must be knowledgeable of how Federal agencies and Congress work.
- Ability to work with Congress and the Administration to achieve priority initiatives.
- Strategic thinker, self-starter, well organized and have a demonstrated ability to set goals and meet deadlines.
- Must possess ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with media as well as key decision makers.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2010.
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
National Wildlife Federation is America’s largest conservation organization, passionate about protecting wildlife for our children’s future. NWF offers an excellent benefits package. NWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Link to job posting: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH18/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NWF&cws=1&rid=500