Job opening: Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator, Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana
Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is a non-profit advocacy organization established in 1988 to unite business interests, scientists, landowners, national and local conservation groups, local governments, hunters, anglers and a broad spectrum of concerned citizens in a shared mission of restoring and protecting a sustainable coastal Louisiana.
CRCL seeks to hire a Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator to coordinate three distinct stakeholder engagement initiatives designed to build support for comprehensive restoration of the Mississippi River Delta region. The Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator will work closely with staff at the Environmental Defense Fund and National Wildlife Federation to establish relationships with key stakeholders, share scientific and technical information with targeted stakeholders and integrate stakeholder needs and concerns into the planning and implementation of coastal restoration projects.
- Prepare and plan CRCL stakeholder meetings
- Coordinate three pilot stakeholder engagement initiatives between collaborating organizations with the ability to identify and leverage synergies
- Develop stakeholder relationships, trust and issue knowledge in targeted areas
- Integrate stakeholder engagement project results into state and federal restoration project development
- Create and track project metrics for progress reporting
- Compile lessons learned from pilot initiatives to create successful models for future engagement
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required. A background in social sciences or communication is preferred
- In depth knowledge of stakeholders and constituencies in coastal Louisiana is required. Technical knowledge of coastal dynamics is preferred
- Proven ability to manage, organize and coordinate efforts internally and across multiple organizations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Effective and clear communication skills with the specific ability to explain complex information in simple terms
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 depending on experience. Health and retirement benefits provided.
Term: 2 years
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, plus a resume, brief writing sample and two references. Materials should be sent by email or post to Amy Tyrrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6160 Perkins Rd., Suite 225, Baton Rouge, La. 70808 no later than May 6, 2012.